Kicking off your fundraiser is crucial to the success. Below is a list of kick off ideas and items to remember to include when explaining your fundraiser. We have also included prize options you can use.
You can kick off a fundraiser a variety of ways.
- Video Kick Off – Use the links below or create your own video that can be shown to the sellers or sent out to sellers
- Classroom Kick Off – Use the links below and teachers can show the video in the classroom or a grownup can go from classroom to classroom to talk about the fundraiser
- Lunchroom Kick Off – After students have sat down to lunch a grown up explains the fundraiser
- Assembly Kick Off – A large group of sellers gather and the fundraiser is explained to the group
What should you make sure you mention during your kick off?
- Explain what the fundraiser is for (Goal/Purpose)
- The dos & don’ts for sellers to be safe
- What sellers should do with the packets they will bring home
- Explain what is on the parent letter
- Describe the incentive for the sellers
Kick Off Videos
This video is for a Mrs. Fields Cookie Dough & More Kick Off
Kick Off Email
Prize Ideas: Low Cost, No Cost Ideas
- Extra Recess for top class – Start a class competition with updates from the office each day with the winning class. It is a great way to draw attention to your fundraiser for each day during the selling period.
- Out of Uniform vouchers – Does your group have to wear a uniform everyday? Offer a pass or day that each person who participates can wear their own street clothes.
- Open Gym Night Pass – Open up the gym to your group for one night for each person who participates. This is a great chance for your group to do some fun gym games like parachute or scooters.
- Pie in the Face for principal, teacher or other important staff member – Each person that participates gets an entry to throw a pie at a staff member.
- Principal for the Day – Every person that participates gets an entry to be the principal for the day or even part of the day.
- Principal work from the roof day – Set a goal for your group and then if the goal is met principal would work on the roof for the day. (Get your principal on board by mentioning they would really just need to be on the roof at arrival, dismissal and lunch time)
- No Homework Pass – Every person that participates would earn a pass to use when they want to avoid a homework assignment. You could even develop levels. 1-10 items sold = 1 pass; 10 – 20 items sold = 2 passes; ect.
- Day of Gym Pass – Every person that participates would earn a pass to use when they want to avoid a day of gym. You could even develop levels. 1-10 items sold = 1 pass; 10 – 20 items sold = 2 passes; ect
- Eat Lunch with the Principal = Every person who sells a certain number of items get to eat lunch with the principal
- Late to Class Pass – Every person that participates would earn a pass to use when they want to be late to class. You could even develop levels. 1-10 items sold = 1 pass; 10 – 20 items sold = 2 passes; ect
- Top selling class would earn a party – Start a class competition with updates from the office each day with the winning class. It is a great way to draw attention to your fundraiser for each day during the selling period. It can have an ice cream, pizza or popcorn party.
- Raffle off tickets to a group event – Have an event for your group where people have to buy tickets. Give tickets away to that event to everyone who sold a certain number of items.