Tips and Tricks
Your Success is Our Success
The most successful fundraisers are well planned and should exceed your goals. Here are a few tips:
- Set a Goal.
- What is your fundraising goal?
- What amount do you need to accomplish this goal?
- Calculate your average profit to earn per box of cookie dough (Take the retail price X price your anticipated profit percentage)
- Set the Fair Share.
- Based on the total amount of money you need, set a per-person Fair Share goal. Each person selling needs to sell their Fair Share to support the group.
- A reasonable goal for cookie dough is twenty-five boxes per person.
- Multiply the average profit per box X 25 to get to approximate profit earned per Seller.
- To get to an estimated total profit, estimate how many members of your group will actually sell – and multiply that number X the above approx. profit earned per seller.
- Manage the Sale.
- Establish a two-week time frame for the sale.
- Set a mid-point check-in date.
- Remind sellers each day why they are selling and to sell their Fair Share. For example: Start: November 1st End: November 15th Mid-Point Check-In: November 8th Turn in Orders: November 16th. Once your order is placed, close the sale. Accepting late orders will not improve the sale and may delay delivery.
- Sell with Confidence.
- Develop a target list of customers to sell to.
- Each seller should list fifteen names of friends and family he or she can sell to. The name, phone and email for each should be listed.
- Schedule a time to make a call to each person on the target list. Calling as a group activity promotes healthy competition between sellers and is a good way to kick off your sale in a positive way in as little as just one hour.
- If you still need to sell door to door after making calls, be sure to send sellers in groups of two for safety. If your group wears a uniform, be sure to wear it while you are out selling so that consumers understand whom they are supporting. Sellers should spend no more than two hours selling before checking back in with an assigned leader.
- Deliver the Goods.
- Allow 2-3 weeks for product delivery, depending on how the product is packed (bulk, to the piece, or student packed), if bulk or to the piece, continue the example above: Place Order: November 17th Schedule Delivery Date: December 1st
- Scheduling your delivery too close to a holiday may require storing product if consumers are not available to take delivery from your sellers. Cookie dough must be refrigerated or frozen after five hours at room temperature.
Taste the rewards!
Click Here for Mrs. Fields Wall Tags – PBS (Not available in all areas)
Click Here for Mrs. Fields Parent Letter (update sections in red with your group information)
Easy Steps for Delivery
Work with your sales representative to determine the week your group would like delivery.
Based on that preferred week, we then need to count backwards to set your order cutoff date. Your order must be placed by that cutoff date to ensure delivery for that week.
Set your supporters and students’ “last day to order” date 3 to 4 days earlier than your order cutoff date. Since we cannot accommodate late orders placed after 12 pm EST on your predetermined cut off day, these extra few days will help you pull together any last-minute or lost orders.
Allow 7-10 business days for you local delivery company to receive your fundraising products. Once they receive the products on your order, they will contact you to set up a delivery date and estimated time for delivery out to you. Since your delivery is part of their existing delivery route, the delivery company will give an estimated delivery time but plan for the truck to arrive anytime up to an hour before or after that delivery time.
At the delivery, the driver will count the total cases with you and ask you to sign to confirm all the product has arrived. By signing the delivery notice you have accepted all the product has arrived. If any product is missing please note it on the delivery notice before you sign it. If the delivery company has not delivered the correct product we will credit you for these missing items based on the delivery notice.